Yesterday was a fun day for Savannah and I. I went with her on her class Field Trip. We started out on the bus up to Kennecott Copper Mine. We had a blast learning all about how the mine worked and learning about everything that copper is used for. (Basically everything uses copper) We saw the big trucks that haul the dirt and copper out of the mine and then watched a movie on how they actually get the copper out of the dirt. (It's a huge process) After the Copper Mine, it was off to the park for lunch. I had a great time eating with Savannah and all her friends. Next it was off to the Gale Center of History. It is in South Jordan and it was awesome. Savannah even mentioned that she wants to go back with Dad and Nick. The museum taught all about the history of South Jordan, starting with the pioneers. We toured a sod hut, saw lots of old farm equipment, toured an old grainery and then went inside the museum where they have set up an olden day store, house, school, mine, and much much more. If you live in Utah and want something to do with your kids for a few hours, I highly recommend this museum. After the Gale Center, it was back to school for Savannah and home for me. It was an awesome day with my girl and I can't wait to go on the next field trip with her or Nick. TTYL---Kathy
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yeah! That sounds like so much fun. We've been there before. I would love to tour the copper mine again sometime. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. PARTY! We will have so much fun. :)
Post a Comment