Saturday, February 26, 2011

Midway to Heaven

A few weeks ago we had the most awesome night.  Because of my Mom's job at Deseret book, my mom, me, Savannah and two of her friends Madi and Lacey were able to see a pre-screening of the new church movie called Midway to Heaven. While we were there, Madi won tickets to the premiere and the "Meet and Greet.". That premiere was so dang awesome. My mom also got two tickets so she took her friend Susan. When we got to the theater we were each handed T-shirts. They have the Midway to Heaven logo on them and the date of the premiere. That was just the beginning of the awesomeness.

We were taken into a large room covered with posters from the movie.  The first one to greet us was the main star in the movie Kirby Heyborne.  He was so cute with the girls.  He showed us the buffet table and told the girls that he wouldn't do any autographs or pictures until they had something to eat.  He was so funny and the girls automatically fell in love with him.


While we were sitting down eating,  Michelle Money, who played the dad's love interest came over and greeted the girls.  She was so cute and so sweet.  The girls were a bit star struck by her because she is also on the TV show "The Bachelor." 
I kept looking over at this one man and kept asking my mom who he was.  I knew I had seen him before but I couldn't recall him being in the movie.  What we finally realized is that he was the director.  I knew I had seen him before and finally someone said that he had been in one of the best shows ever.  I am talking about the movie that my daughter is named after.  "Savannah Smiles"  The director for Midway to Heaven is Michael Flynn and he also played the cop in the movie Savannah Smiles.  That is the cop that Bootsie threw the ice cream at.  Funny that I could still recognize his face from that old movie.  It has probably been 10-12 years since I have last watched that movie. 
We also met the Actress that played the mom Kate, Melanie Nelson.  She was definitely one of the most outgoing people there and she was so sweet with the girls. 
That brings us to Curt Doussett.  He played the Dad.  He was so dang funny.  He seemed to be everywhere in the room all at once.  He has such a big personality. 
OK, so the girls kept waiting for Brittany Peltier to show up but she was a bit late.  She is the actress that played Liz.  The girls kept watching the door like hawks waiting for her to come in.  While they were waiting we were able to meet the most awesome person there.  The author of the book Midway to Heaven, Dean Hughes.  It was the highlight of Susan's night.  I got a picture of her and Dean Hughes but at the last minute, in jumps Curt Doussett.  So the pictures is actually of Susan and my mom, Dean Hughes and Curt Doussett. 


Finally the big moment, Brittany arrived.  And the girls had to wait again while she did her interview with the press.  And then they met her.  Yeah.  They were so dang excited.  She was so cute in the movie and even cuter in real life.
 

After the meet and greet the girls walked down the red carpet and got pictures with the whole cast.  And then we got to see the movie again.  It was even better the second time around.  Thanks so much mom and thanks Madi for being our good luck charm.


After the show, the girls got in line for autographed posters and they were interviewed to be in a magazine. They were also interviewed by the guy who did the facebook page for Midway to Heaven.  Awesome.
Thanks so much mom and thanks to her friend that she works with, Lois, who put this whole night together.  It was so fun and we all had a blast with this once in a lifetime experience. 
This is Lois.  I kept trying to get a good picture of her but this guy kept getting in the way.  :))
This is the girls walking the red carpet.  Madi is such a ham.

This is the youtube video.  Look for the girls a couple of times. 

3 comments:

Safire said...

This looks like a ton of fun! Although I'm a little dismayed to hear that you haven't watched the movie I got you a long time ago for Christmas! :)

Brian & Erin said...

Thanks to your mom for the great connections, which allowed Madi to win the other great connections! Thanks for taking her and being such a great friend!
Love ya :) Glad you guys had fun.

Funky Monkey said...

How cool is that? I thought I heard that the girl from the Bachelor was in this new movie. What a fun experience for you all. When does the movie come out?