Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Burrell Christmas Party 2010

Christmas is always so hard to blog about because so dang much happens during that time.  What do I want to add, what do I leave out.  What pictures do I want to show???  Its always such a dilemma.  I am going to break it up in parts and do one a day for the next few days.

Christmas for us always starts a week early with the Burrell get together.  This year we had the party at Jen's house.  We had a delicious (and I mean delicious) ham for dinner.  After dinner we watched as Grandpa Burrell read the Nativity and the kids (and some of the adults) acted it out.  RubyLyn was obsessed with "Baby Jesus." 






After the nativity, Guess who showed up.  Santa of course.  And this Santa is the real deal.  He changed it up a bit this year and gave us all books instead of stuffed animals.  But he didn't forget the candy canes.




Present Exchange time was hectic and loud as usual but it was lots of fun for all.  Shawn and Brian had the same idea for their gift exchange.  Shawn had actually lost a bet and had to wear a Utah shirt to the party for Brian and so the kids and I wore our BYU shirts to show our support.  Nick was not too happy about this arrangement because he is actually a Utah fan but he is still young enough to talk into doing things.  Not for long though.  All in all it was a fun, fun, party. 

0 comments: