So Shawn and my brother Greg caught these 4 lizards at Sand Hollow when they went fishing while we were in St. George. The kids were estatic. We had tried to catch a lizard last time we were down there but we were unsucessful. Shawn and the kids decided to bring them home as pets. The problem was that we have no where to keep them. And I decided they were alot of work after just one day. So I talked the kids into letting them go for the lizards sake. We took Nick and Savannah and some of their friends down to the Daybreak Lake, which is just 3 miles from our house and we decided to let the lizards go in the rocks by the lake. We thought they would be happy there since lizards like rocks and there was some sand by the rocks. Anyway, the kids each got to pet the lizards and then we let them go all at the same time. The lizards just sat on the rocks for a few minutes, and then they scattered off into the rocks. I hope they are enjoying their new home. After we let them go, we played on the dock for a few minutes and then headed home. It was a fun night and I don't have lizards on my kitchen counter anymore, I think it's a WIN- WIN for all, especially the lizards. Love--Kathy
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Leapin' Lizards!!!!
Posted by Burrellblog at 10:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Having a lizard as a pet is a lot of work. We had one escape once, we found him alive about a month later. I bet they like their new home. Did you tell them about the Utah winters???? lol
Post a Comment