Thursday, September 10, 2009

School.....Again???

It's a New Year, a New School, New Grades, New Teachers and New Uniforms. The kids this year have started attending a brand new Charter School called "Early Light Academy." This school is for K-9th Grade. That is the main reason that we decided to give it a try. Nicholas is in 4th grade this year and Savannah has started 6th grade. Next year my little girl will be in Middle School. AAAAAAHHHHH, I'm feeling really old.

Anyway, we decided that we liked the idea of smaller classes, especially with Savannah going to 7th grade next year. The regular Middle Schools in our area are packed, and this school only has 75 kids per grade. That's only 25 kids per class with 3 classes per grade. The school is also a traditional schedule instead of the year round schedule that we have been doing so far and I think I will like it better.

The Pros of the new school: Traditional Schedule, Uniforms, Smaller Classes, Friends have also made the move to the new school, No Bus.

The Cons of the new school: No school lunch ( I actually have to make them lunch in the morning, No Bus--it has pros and cons, and did I mention no school lunch?

So far the kids like their teachers and we are liking the school. The landscaping still has to get finished but when it does we will post a picture of the school, it's kinda crazy architecture. We are excited for a new year at a new place in new grades and with new cute uniforms- Love, Kathy

Savannah, my 6th Grader
Nicholas, my 4th Grader



3 comments:

Safire said...

School! They look pretty happy to go. Hope they have a great year!

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Yay! I found your blog! Love it!!