So I know I haven't blogged for a while but we have been very very busy. The garden is in full bloom and it's time to make Salsa. This year in the garden I planted corn. It is very short this year, I'm guessing it's because it rained so much in June, it didn't get enough sun early on. It gave us enough for 3 or 4 meals. Which isn't a whole lot but at least I will have the corn stalks to put out on my porch when Halloween rolls around. OK I know corn doesn't have anything to do with salsa but I wanted you all to know that I planted it:) We also planted pumpkins and they are starting to get big. Anyway, back to the Salsa. I planted 10, yes count them, 10 tomato plants. I know it sounds like a lot but last year I did 17 jars of salsa and it was gone in 2 months. This year I am doing MORE. I also planted peppers, green peppers and jalapeno peppers. I did zucchini, dill, carrots, and onions. I moved my herbs over to a separate flower bed and they are doing amazing. We also planted grapes last year and they actually gave us fruit. Yes you can grow awesome grapes in UTAH. Who knew. The garden is so fun for us and the kids, especially when it is time to harvest it. We have been eating like kings the last month, and its all so healthy. I LOVE GARDENING
Here's our pumpkins
More tomatoes in another flower bed
Herbs and Grapes
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
The Fruits...I mean Vegetables, of our labors
Posted by Burrellblog at 6:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks like fun! I wish we had a yard. :)
Wow, your garden totally puts mine to shame. I am hopeing for better luck next year. You may have to give me some tips when you come down next.
Post a Comment