Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

We attended the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication on August 23, 2009. Our Bishop offered us tickets as we met with him for Savannah’s and Nicks recommends. Kathy and I previously had the opportunity to work at the temple grounds during the preparation for the Open House. Kathy worked on one day as an Usher in the Sealing Room and a second day at the reception tent as a hostess. I worked cutting and moving the temporary wood flooring material into the Sealing Rooms. I also had the opportunity to spend a day refilling water containers and transporting materials around the grounds. Having the golf cart on this assignment was a nice bonus. Anyway back to the Dedication. In preparation for this special event Kathy and I took opportunities to share information with the kids about the importance of the temples and answer any questions that they might have . It turns out that they actually had a number of questions. We had some good discussions. When the day finally came we were all excited to be a part of this experience. We knelt in family prayer before heading down to the Temple. We were at theTemple an hour early. We were very lucky to get 4 seats together. We initially were ushered down to the Baptistry. The seating was limited so the usher asked us to follow him up to the sealing rooms. We were able to sit together in the sealing room. Nick and I matched in our black suits and blue ties. Kathy and Savannah looked beautiful in their dresses. We enjoyed the ceremony together as a family in the Temple. It was a very special experience. I found myself caught up with the spirit and I was especially emotional during the Hosanna shout. It was an experience that Kathy and I and the kids will always cherish. Love-Shawn

2 comments:

Charayne said...

Hey Shawn...nice to see you on here! It's fun to see you thoughts and opinions on things. The dedication was awesome and it is an experience that you and your kids will always remember and be able to talk about for year to come. My kids love the Oquirrh Mountain Temple too!

Brittney said...

Man, you guys and all of your temple dedications. We need to move back there so that we can get to the temple. Ours closed for 18 months so we have to drive 3 hours to get to the nearest one. It hasn't happened yet but we're thinking about making the trip next weekend. What I wouldn't do to have one 5 minutes down the road.

I love your new header picture and the blog background.