Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My little Entrepreneur

So the other day Nick and his friend Drake decided that they were going to make some money. They asked Drake's mom if they could pull weeds for $10. She said yes, they pulled weeds, she gave them the money and we thought that was the end of that. No way. Now Nick and Drake came and asked me if I could drive them to the store. I said "how come?" They said that they wanted to buy some ice and cups for the snowie machine that we have. Again I said "how come?" We have ice in the ice maker in the fridge. I said that they could use our ice. They said that they were going to sell snowies on the corner and they wanted to buy ice and cups for that. So I drove them to the store and they got their ice and cups. We got home and they pulled out the snowie machine, our camp table, an extention cord and all of our snowie syrup. Now they didn't think that they needed to buy syrup, because we already had that, but they HAD to buy ice--which they could have gotten free....go figure??!!?? I didn't think that they would even make the $10 back that they spent. Boy was I wrong. They made $14 the first day and $14 the second day. They paid Drake's little brother Brysen 19 cents for helping and they split the rest. Holy Moly. In two days they each came home with $14. Awesome. Let's hope that this is a prediction of the rest of his life. He will be loaded.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

So I am seeing snow on the ground, why didn't they just use that and who in their right mind buys snow cones when it's cold enough to have snow on the ground. I guess people just can't resist cute little kids on the corner (even if they are selling snow cones). Maybe they should try hot cocoa. Seems like it would be more fitting for your weather. :)

Charayne said...

Now you just need to teach him how to save and invest and not just blow all of his money. Maybe he could go live with Uncle Greg for a while. ??? Way to go Nick!

Burrellblog said...

What are you talking about Charayne??? Nick is richer than Shawn and me. We actually have to borrow money from him, and he makes us pay interest. Like I was saying, he is going to be loaded when he grows up!!!!:)