So I was sitting on the couch, watching the news and I heard the weatherman say that another cold front was coming in, maybe even some snow. I turned off the TV, turned on the computer and decided to blog about something much, much better than "a cold front, maybe even some snow:(". I decided to blog about St. George. I know that I talk about it a lot, but I LOVE it. I mean LOVE it. This Labor Day, we all went down to St. George to celebrate the holiday together. It gets a little crowded but it is definitely worth it. The more the merrier. So our weekend started out with a picture in front of the Condo. It's amazing how much our family has grown. There are 15 of us Simister's now. Crazy.
Saturday we spent in the pool. I mean the whole day. It was gorgeous and sunny and most of all, WARM, with no cold fronts coming in. I think I hate winter. After a fun filled day in the pool, Mom and Dad took us all out to dinner at Golden Corral. It was so good. I love Buffet's. When we got home we got the kids ready for bed and Mom, Charayne, Camille and I went for a walk over at what we call the Big Park. Guess who we saw there? Madison Clymore. OK, really Aunt Wendy called and told us that Madison would be there with her friends doing some ice blocking down the hills so we decided to crash her party. We had a chance to have a turn down the hill. It was a blast. Walking out of the park, there were frogs jumping everywhere. Charayne caught one and I thought, if she can do it I can do it. I caught a baby frog and held it in my hands for a few minutes. He started moving around though and I adjusted my hands and he jumped out. I never could get him back because he jumped into the rocks. We brought the other frog home and let the kids see it the next morning.
On Sunday we started the day out with Family Pictures. Aunt Wendy was our photographer and Madison was her assistant. They were very professional:) After pictures we went down to the Brigham Young home for a tour. By the time the tour was over, the little kids were ready for a nap. (as well as some adults.) Shawn and I packed up our bigger kids and went over to "The Crack" so the kids could climb through it. Shawn decided to pass this time since he wasn't quite sure he would fit, and I passed because I am very claustrophobic, and its getting worse with age. Small places are not my friends.
We ended our fun weekend with a picnic at Pine Valley Reservoir. Uncle Tom and Aunt Wendy and their kids joined us for dinner. We had fried chicken and salads out on the dock and then the women and some of the kids took a walk around the lake. Half way around we found out where the water for the lake came from when we ran into the river that made us turn around and go back the way we came. After our "half-walk" we let the kids do some fishing. It was amazing. They were pulling out fish after fish. Tony caught the best one though. (See photos at the bottom to see his amazing catch.)
Our Super...Simister...St. George Labor Day weekend was fun filled and exciting and I can't wait to do it again. Love---Kathy The Simister's in front of Mom and Dad's C0ndo in St. George Utah
Friday, October 2, 2009
The Super...Simister...St. George Labor Day Weekend!!!!
Posted by Burrellblog at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Nice Blog. Brings back warm fuzzy memories. Thanks for letting us crash your family ocasionally. It's a little cold today and I am looking forward to warming this weekend.
How fun (minus the "Crack"-just looking at the pictures of you guys squashed in it made me claustrophobic (sp).
I wish our family had a gathering spot like that but if we did it would have to be in a nice sunny place as well. I hate the cold also which is why Atlanta suits me so well. I miss all of you guys but at least I am warm and cozy at night. :)
Post a Comment