Thursday, September 25, 2008

1st Annual Fun Run!!!











Today was Daybreak Elementary's first annual Fun Run. The students have been practicing their running for weeks to prepare for today. Parents were also invited to come and run with their kids. I came, but my kids took off. We started at the school and then ended at the school. We ran about 2 miles through the Daybreak neighborhood and along the running paths. When I got to the finish line, Nick said " I've been waiting for like ten minutes mom!!" He had just taken a bite or two of his popcicle though, so he couldn't have been too far ahead of me. It was great fun for all the kids and parents and I can't wait till next year.

1 comments:

Brittney said...

Was this a fundraiser for your school or something. My kid's school did this for a fundraiser and raised almost $10,000. What a cool thing for kids to get to do, especially since it gets them being physical.