Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Rivalry....

So I have 9 blog posts started that need to be finished before I can start putting together my 2nd Blog book, so my goal for the next nine days is to play catch-up.  Then I can start the new year-2011-fresh and new with NO forgotten posts.  Good Luck right?

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday, My parents, Tony and Charayne and their family and Shawn and I and our kids headed down to St. George after dinner on Thanksgiving night.  The drive down was fantastic, much less traffic than I would have expected.  On Friday morning, Charayne, my mom and I set out to do some early morning shopping.  Fun but of course very, very tiring.

Saturday was the day of the big game.  If you live in Utah, you better not be saying "what game?"  If you don't live in Utah, you can ask.  The big UTAH--BYU game is what I am talking about of course.  Now Shawn and I don't usually care who wins, we like them both, but because we were in St. George with MAJOR Utah fans, we had to of course wear BYU shirts.  Nicholas is really a Utah fan, but we made him wear a BYU shirt on that day because we forgot his Utah shirt and all we could find down in St. George to buy was BYU things.  If you look closely at the pictures of our family, Nick is not a happy boy. 

Anyway, we thought we were really, really funny.  Until my dad picked us up one by one and carried us out of the condo and said " No BYU fans in my house."  Greg, I guess this means you can't go back to the St. George house either.  Sorry about that.  We had a blast cheering against the eventual winners of the game, UTAH. 

 The Burrell's-  All Y fans except for poor Nicholas, he is ticked off!!!!
The Simister's-All U fans, Tony brainwashes them.
 
 Out-takes
 What are you looking at Tony??
 Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry, next year we will make sure that Greg and Camille come down to cheer on BYU and we will for sure win.  Go Cougars!!!!


1 comments:

Charayne said...

Don't forget that we really have Nick on our team! We will make sure he packs his Utah shirt. ha ha. :)