So I told myself that I wasn’t going to go on anymore Field Trips. I hate the bus ride (sorry kids), I really don’t like being responsible for other kids that aren’t my own, and usually I end up with a migraine the next day. But when Nick came home and told me that the Fifth Grade was going to an “ABBA” concert, I decided to give it a try. Besides, I have to volunteer 35 hours a year at the kid’s school and I figured that this would take care of 6 of the hours.
I asked Nick if he even knew who ABBA was. He said yes, that they were an old, old music group. “Like from your time Mom”, he said. Not exactly my time, but close. Now I knew that we weren’t going to see the real ABBA but I was excited anyway. I talked my friend Julie (who has Drake who is in 5th grade as well) into going and we both talked the teachers into letting us drive my car downtown and meeting the bus there. What a fantastic idea. It at least solved the “hating the bus” problem.
We headed downtown to the University of Utah, to Kingsbury Hall and holy moly, there were thousands of kids. I mean it. The whole auditorium was packed with kids. Then the “ABBA” group started singing and the kids actually stood up in the aisles and started dancing. They sang along with the songs and were especially excited for any songs that were in “Mamma Mia” and of course the big hit was “Dancing Queen.
After the concert, we took this awesome picture of the 5th grade of Early Light Academy. Notice how great they all look in their uniforms. Nick is smack in the middle in a light blue polo. It was one of my favorite field trips ever. Thanks Nick. (PS—I still got a migraine the next day but I think it was from the crazy loud concert.)
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm confused. Was it seriously the group Abba or was it a knock off group or something. That's crazy that they would come and do a school field trip. Worked out nicely for you though. :)
Post a Comment