Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Is Christmas over already?  It seems just like yesterday I was planning my lists, thinking I was on top of the game because I was starting in September.  Now, I only got about 2 things on that list before I put it down in order to procrastinate it until early December but I had good intentions. Anyway, Christmas was wonderful this year.  The kids were so fun, they helped put up the tree, they helped wrap presents and they were in good spirits for most of it too. 


Our Christmas started early like it usually does with the  Burrell Christmas Party.  We had a festive mexican fiesta with Chimichangas (thanks Erin for the Awesome recipe.)  It seemed like everyone liked them.  We missed Brian because he had to work and we missed Dianna because she is now living in St. George but we had a houseful of  people anyway.  We had Grandpa Burrell read the Nativity Scene while the kids acted it out, with a little help from the more adventurous adults.



After our Reading of the Nativity, Guess who showed up?  Jolly Old St. Nick, (Santa Claus)  He brought fun presents for everyone and when he left, Nick was so desperate to se his sleigh, Shawn and Savannah had to hold him back.


My mom got all of the Grandkids matching PJ's this year.  So cute!!!!


Christmas day was so fun at our house.  Nick woke Shawn up at about 6am and then proceded to count down every minute until 7am when it was time to get up.  We had a blast opening presents and then my parents came over to see what we got.  After that the Burrell's came over for a late brunch.
We had puppies this year that we sold so we spoiled the kids as well as ourselves.  Shawn got a bluetooth for his phone (much needed), I got a Barnes and Noble Nook (an electronic reader), Savannah got a guitar (tourquoise of course) and Nicholas got a set of Air-Soft guns (both a handgun and a rifle.)  We had a blast with all of the surprises from Santa Claus.



After Lunch we packed up our stuff and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Simisters.  My dad passed the torch and had Shawn read the Nativity this year.  The kids were so cute in their costumes.  I want you to notice the Zhu Zhu pet as baby Jesus.  We had a touching moment when Tony read a beautiful letter that Grandma Hendricks wrote to us.  We had alot of food and fun and ended Christmas day with family that we love.

 Merry Christmas Everyone!!!



2 comments:

Charayne said...

It was a good Christmas. Love the post!

Wendy said...

I am not sure about the zu zu pet...jk we had a superman costume mixed with Joseph for our nativity. I say whatever works for the year.