Saturday, January 2, 2010

Out with the old, In with the new.














Another year gone. A new one starting.  We ended the old year with some friends and started the New Year as a family (after Shawn got back from his annual ice fishing trip with my brother Greg :) 

On New Year's Eve we went over to our friends the Slessers to bring in the New Year.  Our friends the Schut's were also there.  We ate ALOT of food.  I mean ALOT.  There were Ribs, Stuffed Mushrooms (FYI: I HATE mushrooms, just ask my dad if you want the story, but I tried these because I try most everything once and they were YUMMY.  Go figure, I liked these mushrooms.)  We also had little smokies, potato skins, chips and dip, cheese ball and crackers and brownies and lots more.  It was so good.  The kids got a little crazy with the silly string and the adults enjoyed a few board games.   It was a fun way to end a decade. 




On New Years Day Shawn went Ice Fishing with my brother Greg while the kids and I just stayed at home in our PJ's.  I have been nursing a head cold for the past week and I just want to get over it.  When Shawn got home, we pulled out the leftovers and made a Yummy dinner before pulling out our new boardgame that we got from Tony and Charayne for Christmas.  It is another really good one.  It is called Alhambra.  It was so fun that I dreamed about it last night.  Weird.  Anyway, on to a New Year.  Good Luck!

3 comments:

Chris said...

All i can say is YUMMY! All the food looks so good...wish new year resolutions didn't have to start:)

did you change your hair??? It looks cute & different.

Kimri

Charayne said...

Wow, you even dreamed about our gift. Sooo funny. Glad you like it. Happy New Year! Oh and your blog title sounds just like you...."Out with the Old and in with the new" :)

Brittney said...

That is A LOT of food-and it all looks good. Glad I wasn't there or I would have gobbled it all up. I have no self control when it's in front of my face like that.

Our family loves a good board game so maybe I will have to check out that game you got.

Happy New Year!