Monday, November 21, 2011

Idaho-2011


So we headed up to Idaho again this summer to visit my Grandma Hendricks.  We love going up there, and I love re-living my youth by going up to visit.  This year we did something that I haven't done with our kids and that was to go up to Green Canyon to swim.  It is a big old hot-spring swimming pool up in the mountains and it looks, and smells, exactly the same as when I was a kid.  The only thing different is that the candy counter got a lot smaller.  We all had a blast swimming for the day and then we took a quick ride up to where my Grandpa used to own property before he passed away.  It has changed quite a bit but the old cabin was still there and that's where we took the cute picture of all the kids.

We had a picnic at Green Canyon and then we took a drive to another place that I am not sure that I have ever been.  We drove up to where the Teton Dam broke.  It was quite a view especially during sunset.



 

The next day we helped Grandma clean out some wood from a ditch across the road.  The kids really got into it.  We also spent quite a while riding the 4-wheeler around the farm.




Know what the best part of the trip was though?  Just spending some time with Grandma Hendricks.  She is such a sweet person but has the funniest things to say sometimes.  As a kid, you just don't get the same kind of interaction and its great to spend some time with Grandma with me as an adult.

On Sunday, we took a trip in the opposite direction of home and headed up to a couple of our favorite memory spots.  We stopped at Mesa Falls, always a big hit....






 and then we just kept on going until we got to Island Park and we went to Johnny Sacks Cabin and fed the fish (well actually birds, the fish were gone, we are not sure where they went?)





It was a fantastic weekend and we all had such a good time.  I hope that this is a tradition that keeps going on forever!

0 comments: