So the few of you out there that read my blog are mostly my family that were there that day but I have to post what happened at Sarah's house this year so that I have it for my blog book. My cousin Brittany came from Georgia with her kids for a visit and we decided that we had so much fun last year at Sarah's pool swimming with all the cousins that we wanted to do it again. I picked up my Aunt Shawna's kids and headed down to swim. We had an excellent day swimming and laying in the sun and the cousins all had a blast hanging out with each other.
As we were all getting our stuff together to get ready to go, Jill's son Jack, who was 5 at the time, fell into the pool without his life jacket and was at the bottom of the pool before any adults got to him. We got him out of the pool and one of us started CPR on him. After what seemed like an hour, (but only a minute or two) Jack threw up all the water and started breathing again. The paramedics came and took him to the hospital, where he quickly improved.
This is what I learned that day. You can NEVER, EVER, EVER take your eyes off of your children. I know that my kids are a bit older but this experience made me realize that life is a fragile thing, and that you have to hang on tight to your most precious possessions which is your family. I have to say that sometimes I feel that I am hanging on too tight to the kids, but guess what? THAT'S OK!!!
I am so glad that Jack was OK, and that everything worked out that day at the pool, and I know that our Heavenly Father was watching over all of us and helping us to know what to do. I think that it was defiantly a teaching experience for all of us cousins, and I know that it will help us to not take life for granted.

0 comments:
Post a Comment