Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Wicked
Last year my friend Kammie from Book Club had this brilliant idea to get tickets to the musical "Wicked". It was playing in Boise Idaho in May of this year and since I wasn't able to get tickets in Salt Lake last year when it was playing, I decided to get them for Boise. A bunch of us from Book Club bought tickets for ourselves and our daughters. We then proceeded to wait and wait until May. It was a long wait but definitely well worth it.
Savannah and I drove our car up with my friend Wendi and her daughter Tori. We got to Boise, and met some more of our friends at the Hotel. We stocked up on goodies and went down to the pool to go swimming and sat in the hot tub. After a good nights sleep, we woke up ready and excited to go and see the show. But of course Lunch with all the girls had to come first. We went to this really cool pizza place in downtown Boise, and while we were there Savannah and I tried to take a picture of ourselves. It then turned into crazy pictures of us, and then Savannah went all silly and started taking pictures of herself. I know she is going to be MAD, but I have to post some of them (and I do mean some of them-she took about a million) because they are so dang funny.
After lunch we headed over to the theater to see the show. It was awesome. I had seen it in Denver a few years back but it was Savannah's first time. I loved it just as much the second time around. We took a picture in front of the Wicked sign, but its a little (a lot) out of focus. Sorry!
After another fun night in the hotel, we headed home. On the way home, we saw a HUGE dust devil. I had to take a picture but it really looked a lot bigger in real life. All in all it was a great weekend. I definitely think that it should be a yearly thing that we do with book club, or at least some kind of girls getaway.
Posted by Burrellblog at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment