So the day had finally arrived. We woke up to a bright and sunny day in Galveston. We had a big breakfast at an awesome waffle house in Galveston and then we packed up our bags and loaded them into the taxi to take us down to the dock. It was time to get on the boat.
It happened to be Super Bowl Sunday and since the Slessers are HUGE Steelers fans (and Nick has become one too this year,) we all showed up to the dock in our Steelers T-shirts. We were going to root our team on from the Ocean.
The dock was crowded and everyone was excited. We entered the lobby and I think that all the kids jaws dropped to their knees. It was one beautiful sight to behold. They had live music and the lobby was full of both Steelers fans and Packers fans. Since you aren't able to get into your rooms right away, we ordered our Soda passes (I can't live without my Diet Pepsi for a whole week) and we all sat down to enjoy both the music and the Sodas. We spent the first night watching our poor Steelers lose on the big screen out on deck. So sad!!!!
The first few days were spent exploring the ship. The kids were excited by our room. They each had their own bunk bed that hung over our bigger bed. It was nice because they were out of the way but they also had their own space. We played a bit of basketball, we ate, we played mini-golf, we ate, we got some sun, we ate, we watched movies on the jumbo screen, we ate, we joined in on the dance party on deck, we ate, we swam, we ate, we watched the kids go on the waterslide, we ate, and did I mention that we ATE??
We had so much fun the first couple of days but we all couldn't wait to get to Jamaica. We were ready for some island fun.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Our Christmas Cruise-At Sea Days-Feb. 6-8, 2011
Posted by Burrellblog at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
How did I not know you went on a cruise? Fun!! Jess earned a free cruise through the shop, also to the western Caribbean, also in February (2012) so I'll definitely be needing some tips! Like those drink passes. I didn't know you had to buy those separately. Little things like that you'll have to fill me in on.
Sounds like Shawn knows how to do Christmases! Season play tickets AND a cruise?! Good job Shawn! I got a diaper bag. (And it's the best diaper bag ever!! Thanks honey!! ;)
Post a Comment