Saturday, April 23, 2011
Musicals anyone?
For Christmas 2010 I decided to pick up season tickets to the Desert Star Playhouse. How did I come up with this idea you might ask? Well, Both Savannah and Nick had just participated in a play for school called “Bugsy Malone”. They both really enjoyed having an opportunity to learn about theatrics and drama. Kathy and I felt that it would be great to expose the kids to additional types of theater, and the spoofs that are performed at this playhouse are always fun and light hearted. The season consisted of 6 shows that played every other month. The shows were as follows: “Sheik of Persia, Twilight-A Teenage Vampire, My Big Fat Utah Wedding, Pirates of the Car-rib-eee-an, Welcome Back Potter, and Christmas Vacation-Bi Polar Express”. This was a Christmas gift that we were able to make last throughout the year. My parents also purchased season tickets and we were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to watch two of the shows together. We are pictured together at the “Christmas Vacation-Bi Polar Express. What a great time! We really enjoyed the time we spent together as a family laughing and being entertained. Of course, we made sure to enjoy the ice cream, popcorn, pizza, nachos and sodas during each show too. I definitely get a standing ovation for this call!
Posted by Burrellblog at 12:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment