Monday, June 8, 2009

OUR Temple!!


Okay, so I know that it's not OUR Temple, but it already has a special place in our hearts and it hasn't even been dedicated yet. Last Wednesday was a day of Temples for us Burrell's. To start off our day, Shawn got up early and headed over the the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, (only 2 miles up the road) and served by riding around in a golf cart for 5 hours. Now that sounds like a cushy job but it was a bit hot that day and he had to stop many times to do odd jobs. He had a wonderful time. As he was leaving, I was coming. I served up in the Sealing rooms with a few people from my ward. Let me tell you, It was AWESOME. I had a great time even though I could barely walk after my 5 hour shift. (I am definitely wearing flat shoes next time.)

Well that wasn't the end of our Temple Day. I got home and we rounded up the kids, got them dressed and headed up to the Open House ourselves. It was nice going through so soon into the Open House and it wasn't very busy so we were able to take our time and enjoy the spiritual experience together. We got these pictures on our way out of "Our Temple" before heading to get shakes at Iceberg. What a day. My favorite part was when Savannah said, " I will be able to come here next year, to do baptism's." I'm glad that she is already looking forward to serving in the temple. It is the best experience ever.





0 comments: