Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread House??????

Who me? Make a Gingerbread House?? This is one thing we as a family have never done. I hate the idea of it not staying together, the crying when the walls fall over or the candy slides off the roof, etc. But this year, I decided that the kids were old enough to do it by themselves, so I splurged and spent the $9 at Walmart, and bought the Gingerbread House Kit. It was fantastic, or at least it would have been if we had read the instructions correctly. (P.S. Let the walls dry before adding the candy or it will become too heavy and the roof will slide off!!!!) Anyway, we held up the roof with Lego's, ( They work like duct tape, they can fix anything) and here is the finished product. (I added two pictures of the roof because each kid did one side, see if you can guess who did each side.) Well, time to get ready for church. Love ya all---Kathy

1 comments:

Brittney said...

That's the exact same kit we bought only you apparently bought lots of extra candy. I bought the kit for the same reason as you. Making the gingerbread house is suppose to be fun and it has NEVER been fun in our house in the past when you've tried to do it from scratch. Hey, I'll pay $9 or $99 to make life easier like this (okay maybe not $99 but you know what I mean).

Funny to see the difference in the rooftops. Is that reflective of their personalities?