Monday, February 6, 2012

XC-Season 2011


Cross Country was so much fun this year.  The school let the 6th graders participate as well this year so both Savannah and Nicholas were able to run.  They had a bunch of races behind the charter school Providence Hall on a really fun, but really hard race course.  Both of the kids ran so well during the regular season that they both made the Varsity team.  I really can't believe how good they run because I have such short legs that I am just not a good runner.  Both the girls team and the boys team did so well.  The girls Varsity got 3rd in Conference and 5th in State.  The boys Varsity ROCKED!!!  They ended up being both the Conference Champions and the State Champions.  It was pretty amazing since at least half of the Varsity boys team was made up of 6th graders.  That just means that in the next 3 years, the team will just get better and better.  It was an Amazing season and I cant wait for next year.  GO PHOENIX!!!!!!!

















1 comments:

Brittney said...

They apparently have some Hendricks genes running through those legs of theirs. Awesome!