Sunday, December 5, 2010

Savannah's Business Fair


Last week Early Light Academy hosted a 7th Grade Business Fair.  One of the classes that Savannah has to take this year is CTE, which deals mainly with business.  Savannah and her group, which consists of Lacey and Madi have been working really really hard for the last semester on their "Business." 

Their business was called "The Purple Plum" and it was a Bakery.  The girls had to make a website, fliers, business cards, a commercial or slide show, a poster, invitations and they had to set up a table at the business fair.  It has been A LOT of work for them.

They got to the Business fair and set up their Booth.  There were a lot of Business's set up and they all were really good.  The kids had 4 judges come by and judge them on everything that they had done.  Savannah and her group made treats and decorated their booth really really cute. 

At the end of the Evening, the Business teacher, Mr. Lopez gave out awards.  The girls really scored.  They ended up with......

2nd place for Best Marketing


1st place for Best Booth...and...
1st place for Best Web Design.


It has been a really good experience.  They won a bunch of Jamba Juice gift cards which in teenage world is totally the best prize ever.  I can't believe what these kids are learning today.  Both my kids are better on the computer than me.  They teach me things every day.  It is AWESOME!!!!!!



2 comments:

Brian & Erin said...

Hey I need to get copies of the awards....

Jill said...

Holy cow, go Savannah! That's crazy! I would never know how to do all that, I guess I need to go back to school or my poor kids won't have any help with school assignments from me!