Monday, May 11, 2009

D.A.R.E.

Kennidee, Lacey, and Savannah

At School this year Savannah has gone through the D.A.R.E. program. D.A.R.E. Stands for "Define, Assess, Respond, and Evaluate. All the 5th graders learned a lot about drugs and alcohol and how to avoid using them. Here is the report that Savannah had to write, it is AWESOME.
**I pledge to make good decisions about Tobacco, Marijuana, and Alcohol. Dare means a lot I don't want to turn out Drinking and Smoking. Dare has taught me that every person has a choice of smoking and drinking. I learned that if a person asked you to do drugs, just say "No thanks, I'll get in trouble" and walk away. Maybe go get a candy bar or something. I also learned that approximately 3000 non-smokers die from lung cancer each year from breathing other people's smoke. That's why we should stay away from people who are smoking. I think that it is important to not do drugs and not drink and then you will have a good life.--Savannah Burrell

I am so proud of Savannah for making these decisions so early in life. Good Job Savannah.

Here are some pictures from D.A.R.E. Graduation.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Cute, brings back memories! Seriously, it doesn't feel like it was that long ago! Before you know it Savannah will be married and having babies and wondering how time flew so fast!

~KeNnIdEe~ said...

i want to do the D.A.R.E program again. it was really fun!