Last week we went camping with our friends the Slesser's. We headed up to their favorite camping spot called Moon Lake. I don't know what I was expecting but it was way more awesome that I had anticipated. We decided to rent a cabin for the weekend since be both don't have our trailers anymore and we didn't want to tent it.
The cabin was very rustic but just about the right size for the nine of us. We all had beds, or cots and there was a flushing toilet and a warm shower. It was so much fun. We still cooked all our meals outside so we got the yummy camping food and we had a big fire going every morning and evening.
The days were spent with Shawn and Terry taking the fishing boat that they rented out on the lake and they would show back up now and then to either pick up or drop off kids, and of course they always showed up back at the cabin just when the meals were done cooking. The kids played on the peddle boat that we rented and they played on the beach, they did some hiking, and they just had an all around blast. Julie and I sat at the lake and the campsite, her with her book "I am number 4" and me with my nook book that I downloaded "I am number 4" and we read and held our very own mini book club. It was awesome.
I got a lot of pictures but unfortunately I didn't get any of Shawn and Terry on their fishing boat. It seemed that every time I was going to go down to the lake and get one, I was in the middle of cooking a meal. So no picture. Oh well, there's always next year. I can't wait.

2 comments:
That looks so fun. We are going to attempt a camping trip over Labor day, though with no cabin. I like your whole cabin idea a whole lot better. :)
Looks like a fun trip. We like to camp too! Awesome pictures.
Post a Comment