Friday, February 12, 2010

New Beginnings!!!!



On Tuesday night, Shawn and I were invited to join Savannah at "New Beginnings."  I can't believe that she is going to be in Young Women's in just 6 more weeks.  It seems just like yesterday that I had her and it has been 12 whole years.  I can't be that old....can I?

So New Beginnings was awesome.  We just got a new YW Presidency about 2 weeks ago and it was their first big thing.  They had the girls talk about the theme for the year, which is "Be Strong and Courageous."  What a great theme.  They had everyone stand and repeat the YW theme, which is definately a little bit changed from when I was in YW.  They added the new value which is Virtue and also the part about strenthening home and family.  The best part of the night though was the music.  I had no idea that we had such talent in our ward's YW.  They showcased their talents like playing the violin, playing the piano and singing.  The singing was amazing. 

Then they introduced girls that will be going into YW in the coming year.  Sister Paschal spotlighted each girl and then they were handed a packet with a CD with all the songs of the year, and a copy of the YW theme and a cute "Camp Cash" envelope, which is where they are supposed to put money for girls camp so that they can help pay for camp.  The packet was all tied up with a cute bow. 

So my daughter is going into YW in 6 weeks.  I can't believe she will be going to girls camp this year.  I can't believe she is old enough for all of this.  I think I am in denial.  But I am so excited for her.  YW is the best time in your life.  I hope that she can make some lasting friendships but I especially want her to be able to strengthen her testimony, which I know that with this new Presidency and all the great girls in our ward, she will have no problem with either task.

Up top is a picture of all the girls that will be joining YW this year.  Named L to R the girls are...
Lacey Tobler, Savannah Burrell, Makenna Larson, Michelle Stanley, Morgan Starkie, Ashley Harmon and Elena Stanley

2 comments:

Brian & Erin said...

We are really not that old! We had our kids really really young!;)

Charayne said...

Time goes by so fast. Savannah will just love YW's. Sounds like a fun night. :)