Friday, July 31, 2009

***JULY 4TH***

This year we tried something new for the 4th of July. We decided to go up and hike Timpanogas Caves. Now I sometimes think that I am kinda in shape, but this hike proved me wrong. I am very, very, out of shape. The hike was brutal. We got up early in hopes of hiking while it was still a bit cool, but when we got up there at 9am, they were booked until 11:50am. That meant we got to hike in the middle of the day. Can I say HOT!!!We brought up 8 water bottles for the 4 of us, I thought 1 up and 1 down per person would be just fine. Well, it wasn't. We went through 6 on the way up. Good thing that coming down is SO MUCH EASIER. Anyway, the kids complained most of the way up, but they loved the caves once we got there. It was so nice and cool in the caves, we even put on our Jackets. Nick and I got a little Claustrophobic towards the end of the tour of the caves, but we did pretty good for the most part. Anyway, it was so fun and I hope to do it again (but not too soon:)....After Timp we came home and took a nap before the annual firework show at Sugarhouse Park. Everyone was there this year, even Grandma and Grandpa Simister. Tony and I worked together this year to find the lowest price on glow necklaces, we ended up getting 6 for 10$. Not our best deal but still pretty good. Here are some pics of our awesome 4th of July On our way up....Vannna's NOT happy. My Cute kids and I. Inside the caves. There is a river behind Nick and Shawn. It was so cool.
Stalactites and Stalagmites, I cant quite remember which is which, I think Stalactites hang tight to the ceiling and Stalagmites might reach the ceiling someday.
The heart of the Cave. It has a reaaaaaaalllllllly long story to it about 2 lovers. (See the movie Titanic-Kinda like that!!!)We are OUT.
The Burrell's at Sugarhouse Park.
The Whole Simister Gang...and some of Charayne's Herrman's ( I hope I spelled it right Charayne:) PS... My Dad, Dave, was hitting on the lady in purple in the back, we don't know who she was but they were best friends by the end of the night. Hee, Hee, Hee.

3 comments:

Camille said...

What an awesome family that you have.

Brittney said...

I know how you feel...it always seems like such a fun idea to go on a family hike-that is until you actually start going and everyone starts whining and complaining about how hard it is.

The last time we hiked up to some waterfalls, Matt ended up carrying Carter in the backpack and I had to carry Kylie on my back. She just couldn't handle it. I thought I was going to die as well. We ended up having a great time once we got to the top but we definitely had to work for it!

Kim said...

The pictures are beautiful....I guess in the end it's worth it:)

For my digital scrapbooking I use photoshop. There are digital software programs where you can literally drag & drop pictures but photoshop has so much freedom & I LOVE it. It's not a fun program to learn but my friend just purchased the latest version (I have vs 6) & they included a bunch of tutorials on digital scrapbooking. I can give you some freebie website if you want to add embellishments...I hardly ever do since i have boys & I like to keep them simple. Let me know if you have any questions.